Daniel joined the firm’s commercial litigation team in August 2019.
Daniel advises and represents a broad spectrum of clients in relation to various litigious matters, including but not limited to, general contractual disputes, shareholder and partnership disputes, consumer and competition legislation matters, insolvency and employment law matters.
Daniel has previously gained valuable commercial litigation experience working for one of Western Australia’s oldest law firms and in-house at a TSX listed mining firm. Admitted to the Supreme Court of Western Australia on 1 July 2015, Daniel has appeared in the Magistrates, District and Supreme Courts and the State Administrative Tribunal.
Daniel's experience includes:
Corporations, Commercial and General Contract
- Acting for a former company director in relation to claims made by the administrators of the company to recover damages or statutory compensation on the basis of an alleged failure to make best use of company funds and a failure to pursue corporate opportunities.
- Acting in matters relating to breaches of the Australian Consumer Law, including unconscionable conduct and misleading and deceptive conduct.
- Acting in complex debt recovery matters.
Property, Finance and Investment
- Acting in leasing disputes for both landlords and tenants.
- Acting on behalf of borrowers and guarantors in recovery actions by banks and other financiers.
- Acting for indigenous corporations and other interested parties in the Native Title Tribunal.
- Acting in winding up and bankruptcy proceedings.
- Acting for insolvency practitioners and directors in relation to preferential payments, uncommercial transactions and insolvent trading claims.
- Acting for both employers and employees in relation to various employment disputes including unfair dismissal, general protections claims, breach of contract and post-employment restraints.